I’m feeling extraordinarily random today and want some pic!spams so stay tuned after my ramblings for the hotness. (Or skip down to it, you know, whatever lol.)
1) I finished watching "The End of the Affair" last night; it was a truly beautiful movie. Not only was the acting superb but the storyline especially at the end was fabulous.
-It’s a story of love, jealousy, devotion and faith, although the religious undertones do not beat you about the head.
-Of course while watching it, Hubby was in the room and flat out said (during one of the numerous graphic love scenes) "Is this a freaking porno??" He never fails to make me laugh.
2) Speaking of the aforementioned movie above, I’ve decided to read the novel from which it was based.
-I find the writer Graham Greene fascinating. His early works were known for their Catholic undertones although he did not live his life according to the faith.
-This little tidbit intrigued me the most as found on Wikipedia:He supplemented his novelist's income with freelance journalism, book and film reviews for “The Spectator” and co-editing the magazine "Night and Day" which folded in 1937 shortly after Greene's film review of "Wee Willie Winkie" featuring nine-year-old Shirley Temple, cost the magazine a lost libel lawsuit. Greene's review claimed that Temple displayed "a certain adroit coquetry which appealed to middle-aged men"; it is now considered one of the first criticisms of the sexualisation of children for entertainment.
-My boss and I had been discussing this exact topic today because she had a very young daughter and I have a step daughter who just reached teenage status. There is a certain innocence that I had at this age that is gone today.
3) I’m training in another department today after lunch. Heaven help me, I’ll be away from my PC. *cries*
4) I really wish my leg would stop vibrating under my desk. I haven’t even had that much caffeine today.
5) This Promo picture owns my soul. It’s absolutely gorgeous on an artistic level to me. So much emotion and meaning transpires here:
6) On with the important stuff, the pic!spam’s!! I am dedicating these to some of my favorite lovely ladies on my F-list.
some Greg House. You need so Hugh lovin’ to make it through tonight!
I give you Alan Rickman as "The Interrogator" from Closetland. I know I promised you this a while ago, I’m here to deliver!
Here’s some Jason Isaacs. I don’t want another question as to where he is lol! *hugs*
Hugh Laurie/Greg House:
Alan Rickman/The Interrogator
Jason Isaacs/Just Jason Isaacs!